Thursday, October 9, 2014

TKAM: Morals


Although society views the word "retarded" as an acceptable term, I believe it is morally wrong to say such an awful term.  Retardation is a serious disease and using the phrase "retard" is an insult to the people affected by this devastating condition. It is a common human behavoir to preach such an insult in daily life.  Most people don’t even think twice before teasingly insulting their friend with this very offensive word. I think we should be cautious about the things we say and what we view as acceptable in society. The words we use can be extremely offensive to those who are diagnosed with this mental sickness. I know I've accidentally said this before, but it is wrong. I feel like the public opinion on this topic will change overtime. There is awareness of how this is such a controversial term.

No comments:

Post a Comment