Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Book Thief: Refugees


Psychologically, I think Max and Liesel are both traumatized by the events of their past. Both Liesel and Max suffer from nightmares that won't let them move on.  To cope with her nightmares, Liesel turns to stealing and then reading books, whereas Max starts working out and becoming fit in an attempt to beat Hitler in a "fight".  
If I was torn from my home and family I would be extremely upset, as would anyone.  I think it would be hard to adapt to a new environment without the structure and familiarity of my home.  We all go about a routine, getting up, going to school, etc.  If suddenly my routine of seeing my family, sleeping in my house, and going to school changed, I'd most likely be in a state of shock.
I believe I am a product of my environment, I am the person I am because of the beliefs and teachings of my family. To a large degree, I have many of the same interests as my family members.  For example, I started playing soccer and lacrosse because of role models in my family.  As corny as it sounds, I truly believe I wouldn’t be the person I am today, without my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment